Workers Comp Missouri: What You Need to Know
If you have been hurt at work in Missouri, you need a workers comp attorney. Once you have been hurt on the job, your employer will have an attorney and insurance adjuster working for them. Their goal is to diminish the extent of your injury and to minimize the amount of money the law requires them to compensate you. It will be very difficult for you to battle these attorneys and insurance agents on your own because you are hurt and the laws about workers comp Missouri are very complicated, technical, and full of traps for the unknowing.
A work-related accident is a traumatic experience. If you’re injured at work or have contracted an occupational disease due to the course and scope of your job, the worker’s comp Missouri law may offer some relief from the physical, mental, and financial stress of being hurt and out of work.
State law requires most companies to purchase workers comp Missouri insurance, which pays for medical care and lost time benefits for workers who are hurt at their job. The legislation requires timely payment of benefits at no charge to the injured party in the event that they are the victim of a work-related injury or illness covered under the law.
There are some qualifications you must meet to be covered by workers comp Missouri. Most importantly, the ailment must have arisen out of and in the course of employment. Additionally, the work injury or occupational exposure must be the “prevailing factor” in causing both the resulting medical condition and/or disability. Ailments for which the trigger is unknown or accidents that occur outside of work aren’t covered by workers comp Missouri. Typically, accidents that occur when the worker is traveling to and from work are excluded.
Workers comp regulations in Missouri are complicated, and there are limitations as to when you can file a workers compensation claim if you’ve been injured. A workers comp Missouri attorney like those at Buchanan, Williams, & O’Brien can help you understand and follow the law, file your claim in time, and get you the settlement you deserve.
BWO Provides Statewide Coverage for Workers Comp Missouri
At BWO, our attorneys specialize in workers comp Missouri and have been handling workers’ compensation cases in Joplin and the surrounding area for over forty years. We cover workers comp Missouri cases all over the state, including in St. Louis, MO. You need a workers comp Missouri lawyer from Buchanan, Williams, & O’Brien working for you to make sure you get the full compensation you need due to your workplace injury. A workers comp Missouri attorney will represent you and fight for your best interests against the employer’s army of attorneys and insurance adjusters.
If you have been hurt at work, hire BWO as your worker’s comp lawyer. You do not owe us anything until we get money for you. We make sure the big companies and insurance companies do not take advantage of injured people. BWO will protect your rights and make sure the employer and insurance company fully pay for the injuries you have suffered.
We are workers comp Missouri attorneys with office locations in Joplin, St. Louis, and Carthage. This allows us to handle workers compensation claims throughout Missouri, including Springfield, St. Louis, Monett, Columbia, Lebanon, Sikeston, Jefferson City, Marshall, Kansas City, Independence, Rolla, Cape Girardeau, Sedalia, Warsaw, Buffalo, St. Charles, St. Joseph, and anywhere else. Contact us today to start helping you!
- Workers Compensation Attorneys
- Missouri Workers Compensation Guide
- $1,000,000 Workers Comp Settlement
- Appeals Court Win in Workers Comp Case
- Workers Comp Case Earns Large Interest Award
- $132,500 for Back Injury at Work in Missouri
- Greater Protection for Injured Workers in Missouri
- $250,000 in Workers Compensation Benefits to Widow
- $132,500 for Client In Slip and Fall at Work Settlements
- Workers’ Compensation Retaliation Claim Ends Successfully
- $175,000 For Injured Employee In Arachnoiditis Case
- $1.09 Million Settlement in Worker’s Compensation Case
- $760,000 Accident at Workplace Settlement
- $462,000 Settlement For BWO Client With Injured Back
- $255,000 for BWO Client Injured at Work in Missouri
- $210,000 for Client Injured in Forklift Accident in Missouri
- BWO Client Gets $65,000 for Work Comp Discrimination
- Great Result for Injured Truck Driver After Collision