Three people in Kansas have died after eating contaminated Blue Bell Creameries brand ice cream products. The ice cream was contaminated with a bacteria called Listeriamonocytogenes. A total of five people were infected with life-threatening listeriosis, which is caused by exposure to the bacteria. Four of the five said they drank milkshakes made with a Blue Bell brand ice cream product called “Scoops” in the last month. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) issued a statement saying that the individuals were all patients in the same hospital where they were being treated for unrelated conditions, suggesting they acquired the infections at the hospital. The tainted ice cream came from a Blue Bell production facility in Brenham, Texas. The FDA found three strains of the bacteria in Blue Bell Chocolate Chip Country Cookies, Great Divide Bars, Sour Pop Green Apple Bars, Cotton Candy Bars, Scoops, Vanilla Stick Slices, Almond Bars and No Sugar Added Moo Bars. Blue Bell has recalled the potentially contaminated product from the market, but contaminated ice cream may still be in the freezers of consumers, institutions, and retailers. If you have Blue Bell ice cream in your freezer, be sure to check to make sure the product is not among the potentially contaminated batches included in the recall. If you or a family member have eaten Blue Bell ice cream and been infected with listeriosis, contact the attorneys at BWO. We are evaluating lawsuits against Blue Bell for injuries from the contaminated ice cream. We offer free consultation to discuss your Blue Bell listeriosis claim.
- Medical Malpractice Settlements: $650k Win
- $875,000 Slip and Fall Settlement in Missouri
- $250,000 for BWO Client Who Suffered Concussion
- $250,000 in Workers Compensation Benefits to Widow
- Confidential Med Mal Settlement For Client vs. Hospital
- $165,000 For Truck Driver Injured By Defective Bunk Latch