The Top Missouri Accident Attorneys
Speak with experienced Missouri Accident Attorneys at Buchanan Williams & O’Brien. Trusted by Missourians for over 40 years.
Buchanan Williams & O’Brien have been a trusted law firm serving Missourians as Missouri accident attorneys for over 40 years.
- Committed to always treating clients with courtesy & respect
- Benefit from the unrivaled experience of our statewide team of lawyers
- Trust the proven success we’ve delivered to clients for decades
Fatal Car Accidents Missouri Continue
Fatal car accidents in Missouri are tracked by the Statewide Traffic Accident Records System of the Missouri State Highway Patrol. The Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium provides detailed crash data and accident statistics. These include factors like the number of people killed or wounded, accident rates, circumstances at the time of accidents, speed, alcohol or drug involvement, as well as ages of drivers.
A fatal collision is an accident at which one or more individuals die because of a traffic crash. The quantity of people killed includes those who died within 30 days of the accident and because of injuries caused by the accident. An injury crash involves individuals who experience disability as a result of the accidents, as well as those with evident or even probable injuries. A property damage crash is one in which no one was killed or injured but someone’s property has become damaged as a result.
According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol, 60.9% of all fatal Missouri traffic crashes involved only one vehicle. If you or someone you know has been involved in a car, truck, or motorcycle accident, click the link for more information.
The trusted team of attorneys at Buchanan, Williams & O’Brien have been helping clients with personal injury claims in Missouri for over 40 years. Learn more about the team’s experience, case results and how they can help you:
- Personal Injury Checklist
- Missouri Statute of Limitations Personal Injury
- Missouri Accident Attorneys
- Personal Injury Lawsuit Against Wal-Mart in Missouri
- Joplin Personal Injury Attorneys Can Help You
- Bicycle Crashes Are Frequently Catastrophic Injuries
- Automobile Accidents in Missouri
- Injured Truckers in Missouri
The DANGERS OF Missouri Traffic Accidents
Missouri traffic accidents, as well as those throughout the other 49 states, is one of the leading causes of death and injury. These include the following types of vehicular wrecks:
- Bicycle Accidents
- Bus Collisions
- Car Crashes
- Commercial Truck Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Trucking Accidents
- 18-Wheeler/Semi Wrecks
There are many different causes and contributing factors. These include, but are not limited to the following:
- Asleep at the Wheel or Driver Fatigue
- Cell Phone Use While Driving
- Drunk Driving/Alcohol-Related
- Maintenance Errors/Defective
- Speeding or Reckless Driving
- Texting While Driving
With so many ways you or someone you love could be involved in a potentially life-threatening or expensive accident, it is wise to have a qualified Missouri accident attorney on retainer.
Missouri Car Accidents
Missouri Revised Statutes section 303.040 sets out the need for reporting Missouri car accidents to the state for three types of scenarios.
- The owner or operator of a vehicle must report a collision with an uninsured driver on any street, freeway, parking lot, or public parking facility in which anyone is killed or injured or the property damage exceeds $500.
- The owner or operator of a vehicle must report a collision that results in a death, injury or property damage in excess of $500 if he or she does not personally have insurance.
- The owner or operator of a vehicle must report a collision that results in a death, injury or property damage in excess of $500 if the car he or she was in at the time of the accident was parked.
This allows for proper documentation to occur, which assists Missouri accident attorneys if and when the case goes to court.
Missouri Car Crash
There are several interesting facts and statistics involving Missouri car crashes. The knowledge of which may influence how drivers operate their vehicles.
- In 2015, 15-35 year-olds made up 39.2% of all those killed in Missouri traffic crashes, with nearly 20% being 15-24 years-old.
- 74.6% of all reported MO crashes resulted in property damage only.
- 71.4% of all Missouri crashes happened during daylight hours, 76.1% on dry pavement, with only 17.3% occurring during inclement weather, such as fog, ice, rain, snow, etc.
- 34.2% of all fatal crashes involved speed and 26.0% involved drugs or alcohol making those the two highest probable contributing circumstances in fatal crashes.
Many MO auto accidents involve a single vehicle. Most can be avoided by taking reasonable precautions and driving responsibly. If you are involved in a collision with another vehicle, a Missouri Accident Attorney can advise.
Accidents in Missouri
Car accidents in Missouri can result in serious and possibly expensive injuries to anyone involved. Even if the other driver bears the majority of the blame since Missouri is a “pure comparative fault” state you will likely also be judged partly responsible.
This means that the amount you can recover for damages will be reduced by the percentage of blame that you hold. In other words, if the court deems that you were 10-percent at fault in the accident, you will be liable for 10-percent of all damages. If you are 75-percent at fault, you are responsible for 75-percent of the damages. A qualified lawyer may be able to help you sort it out.
If you’ve lost loved ones in Missouri accidents, your best chance of receiving a fair settlement is by hiring a Missouri accident lawyer. Car wrecks are undoubtedly complicated, and with all the potential consequences, seasoned personal injury lawyers like those at Buchanan Williams and O’Brien will know how best to proceed with your claim.
Contact an experienced vehicle collision lawyer in Joplin like BWO in order to get the powerful counselor and representative you deserve as you navigate the legal process. Only a car collision lawyer can properly take the case to court, negotiate with insurance companies, and provide the right legal strategy to successfully resolve your case.