Joplin | Carthage | St. Louis

Free Consultation: (417) 623-0900

Our clients are faced with two important questions after an accident: (1) how do I support my family when I cannot work? (2) how do I pay for medical care? Your employer usually is not required to hold your job after you are injured, and even if your employer does job, you probably won’t be paid while you are out of work recovering from your injuries. Paying your bills after an injury is is often difficult and sometimes impossible. Getting medical care after an accident if often another problem. Employers often fire injured workers, resulting in a loss of employer provided insurance. You may have an option to pay for extended health insurance benefits through COBRA, but these benefits are temporary and expensive. Under the Affordable Care Act (otherwise known as ObamaCare), you may be able to get insurance that covers your pre-existing injuries; but, if you do not qualify for subsidies, you may not be able to afford the coverage while you are out of work. This can seem like an impossible situation for injured workers and their families. But there are options, and we always take the time to explain the options to our clients:
Personal injury lawsuits
Workers’ compensation
Disability insurance
Social Security disability
Unemployment benefits
Private health insurance
We explain these options in our upcoming posts, but, if you have any questions, please let us know. You can call us toll free at 1-800-371-8220, or email us at [email protected]

Carthage Office


(417) 781-9706

This website is designed for general information only. The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship. The choice of a lawyer is an important decision and should not be based solely on advertisements.

© 2019 Buchanan Williams & O'Brien, P.C.

Share This