Our client was injured while pulling wire through a wire drawing machine when he heard a pop in his lower back causing injury. The employer initially claimed our client had only a back strain. After receiving the initial offer of $11,682.56, which was a disability rating of 8%, the attorneys at Buchanan, Williams & O’Brien got to work.
The Disability Rating Scale (DRS) has been created as a means to monitor a traumatic brain injury (TBI) individual from’Coma into Community’. The scale has been used to speed the consequences of injury and choose how long recovery could take. The evaluation gives insight into the cognitive impairment of the person who suffered in the TBI. In this case, the initial offer meant our client had a ‘moderately severe’ injury, which was clearly not the case.
Sadly, workplace injuries are relatively common and happen more than usual in certain industries such as trucking. Workers’ compensation incidents occur in many types. The accident discussed here is just one example of an accident which could possibly be covered by Workers’ Compensation law in Missouri. We know the benefits you’re eligible to get, and we understand how to get them. BWO has retrieved tens of thousands of dollars and attained great customer results over the duration of the past 40 years.
Deciding the complete Workers’ compensation benefits you’re eligible to get can be complex. The decision can depend on calculations of your average weekly salary, which is complex depending on the business in which you operate. The insurance adjuster will frequently assert that your injury isn’t serious and will try to minimize your employees’ compensation benefits. We all know from experience that hurt customers are usually forced into unemployment and also don’t have insurance. We can assist you with these issues and at times arrange for payment of medical bills from your settlement proceeds.
We tried the case to the Administrative Law Judge who found permanent total disability with total benefits of approximately $760,000. The other side appealed but the decision in favor of our client was affirmed by the appellate court. An administrative law judge (ALJ) in the United States court system is a judge and also trier of the case who presides over trials and adjudicates the claims or disputes (in other words, bench trials) involving the law.
We built our company on principle — joyful clients equal a prosperous firm. We are proud to have earned many happy customers over recent years. See what our customers have to say about their experience with BWO. Personal injuries cause pain, distress, and financial hardship. The financial security of your family is often at stake. We’re proud to have made successful case outcomes that have given clients the rightful compensation they were owed and put their families back to the solid fiscal footing.
Charles Buchanan, along with Andrew Buchanan has over 50 years of combined experience fighting for workers compensation clients in Missouri. Learn more about our experience and results with Workers Compensation cases in Missouri:
- Workers Compensation Attorneys
- Missouri Workers Compensation Guide
- Workers Comp Missouri
- $1,000,000 Workers Comp Settlement
- Appeals Court Win in Workers Comp Case
- Workers Comp Case Earns Large Interest Award
- $132,500 for Back Injury at Work in Missouri
- Greater Protection for Injured Workers in Missouri
- $250,000 in Workers Compensation Benefits to Widow
- $132,500 for Client In Slip and Fall at Work Settlements
- Workers’ Compensation Retaliation Claim Ends Successfully
- $175,000 For Injured Employee In Arachnoiditis Case
- $1.09 Million Settlement in Worker’s Compensation Case
- $462,000 Settlement For BWO Client With Injured Back
- $255,000 for BWO Client Injured at Work in Missouri
- $210,000 for Client Injured in Forklift Accident in Missouri
- BWO Client Gets $65,000 for Work Comp Discrimination
- Great Result for Injured Truck Driver After Collision