BWO recently earned $250,000 in workers’ compensation benefits for our client. Our client’s husband worked as a painter and drywaller for a local home remodeling company. Her husband died tragically in a car accident while driving to a painting job. BWO filed a workers’ compensation claim for death benefits for the widow.
Under Missouri workers’ compensation law, a husband or wife is entitled to receive 2/3 of their spouses’ average weekly wage for the rest of her life, when her spouse dies from injuries suffered in the course of employment. The insurance company first refused to pay benefits claiming that our client’s husband was a contractor (not an employee) and that the car accident did not happen in the course of his employment. We took several depositions and requested documents to prove our clients were entitled to workers’ compensation benefits. We were able to show that our client’s husband was an employee under the workers’ compensation law and that the automobile accident happened in the course of his employment while he was on his way to work on a project for his employer.
We are happy to report that our client will receive back benefits to the date of the accident and weekly workers’ compensation benefits going forward for the rest of her life. The benefits have a value of over $250,000. We are happy to have made a positive difference for another client!
Charles Buchanan, along with Andrew Buchanan has over 50 years of combined experience fighting for workers compensation clients in Missouri. Learn more about our experience and results with Workers Compensation cases in Missouri:
- Workers Compensation Attorneys
- Missouri Workers Compensation Guide
- Workers Comp Missouri
- $1,000,000 Workers Comp Settlement
- Appeals Court Win in Workers Comp Case
- Workers Comp Case Earns Large Interest Award
- $132,500 for Back Injury at Work in Missouri
- Greater Protection for Injured Workers in Missouri
- $132,500 for Client In Slip and Fall at Work Settlements
- Workers’ Compensation Retaliation Claim Ends Successfully
- $175,000 For Injured Employee In Arachnoiditis Case
- $1.09 Million Settlement in Worker’s Compensation Case
- $760,000 Accident at Workplace Settlement
- $462,000 Settlement For BWO Client With Injured Back
- $255,000 for BWO Client Injured at Work in Missouri
- $210,000 for Client Injured in Forklift Accident in Missouri
- BWO Client Gets $65,000 for Work Comp Discrimination
- Great Result for Injured Truck Driver After Collision